Create a beautifully vintage edible teacup cake in this full day class.
Working on a 6 inch round cake dummy, we will cover the following skills:
- Covering a dummy cake and achieving lovely sharp edges
- Discussing the various different pastes that can be used to create the different elements of your cake
- Producing your very own edible teacup
- Handpainting of the teacup with edible paints to give it a realistic look
- Decorating your cake with gorgeous bunting and pearls
- Creating at least one large sugar rose and buds
Since we need to allow for drying time, you will be painting and assembling ready dried parts of the teacup and take home with you another that will allow you to practice for a second time! So in effect you will be making 2 edible teacups.
Venue: Cakes by Sian, 150 Hagley Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY8 2JH (Maximum 4 students)
Date: Saturday 4th February 2017 – 9.30am-3.30pm
A light lunch will be provided in this class